Wednesday, April 9, 2008

KU National Champions!!!

KU is now the 2008 NCAA National Champion!!

I am so PUMPED about this. Rock Chalk Jayhawk baby!! I remember thinking the whole year that this should be our year... but that isn't the first time I have thought that. So I came into the championship game with that remembrance of disappointment in the back of my mind. And with a little over two minutes left in the game I was so afraid that we as fans were going to be disappointed yet again...

And then it happened; things started to go right. Memphis missed a foul shot or two, Collins came up with a HUGE steal and three pointer. Then sensational Memphis freshman Rose missed his first foul shot with just over 10 seconds left in the game so I knew we would have a chance to tie even if he made the second one (which he did).

This whole time my buddy that I was watching the game with and I knew that if we could just get into OT that this game was KU's. Then the magic happened... Collins raced down the floor and appears to lose control of the ball (nooooooo!!!), wait no, he has it back, pass to Chalmers, shot...

The ball is in the air for what seems like years and I am thinking please, please just let this go in. It seems like these shots don't go in for KU and this is in the back of my mind as I anxiously wait for fate to happen... IT GOES IN!! Nothing but net! For the next 30 seconds I'm not sure if I could tell you what happened, but one thing was for sure: KU was going to win, and they did.

No comments: